Resources / S.A.G.E.S.
Saints Alive! Growing, Ever Serving (S.A.G.E.S.)
S.A.G.E.S. is organized to enhance the Older Adult Ministry of the Minnesota South District by providing experiences in Christian fellowship, service and life enrichment.
- To recognize older adults as gifts of God to the church.
- To affirm the unique worth of older adults as members of the body of Christ by nurturing their spiritual life.
- To enable and encourage older adults to share their faith, gifts and talents.
- To respond to the needs of older adults in the Church and community.
- To encourage congregations to organize older adult groups.
- Bible Study and sharing the Word
- Mind enrichment and promotion of physical well being.
- Serving in the Church and community.
- Visitation and special ministries.
- Fellowship, recreation and hobbies.
- Educational opportunities to understand and deal with the issues of aging.
Gatherings & Seminars
An annual gathering and regional seminars are held to achieve the purposes of this organization and demonstrate leadership in conducting activities which can be replicated in congregational older adult groups.
Membership in S.A.G.E.S. can be held as an individual, or through group affiliation. Members have voice and vote at the annual Gathering.
All who consider themselves to be older adults are encouraged to join S.A.G.E.S. organization.
Publications - Sagacity Newsletter
To read the most recent issue of Sagacity, visit the Resources/Publications page.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green.”