About Us / Our mission, promise & Initiatives
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Cultivating Leaders Intentionally Engaged in the Mission of God.
OUR PROMISE TO THOSE WE SERVE
Rooted in the Scriptures and growing in a relationship of mutual trust and Christian love, we promise to equip, support, and encourage you in your ministries, joyfully serving together to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
OUR 2015-18 INITIATIVES
- Oneness. To nurture our growing unity, concord, and harmony (Ephesians 4:1-3).
- Meeting Expressed Challenges. To help congregations address their most urgent, self-identified challenges: aging membership, declining attendance, and financial stresses (Matthew 6:25-26).
- Christian Education. To strengthen our existing schools and early childhood centers and expand education ministries (Matthew 19:14).
- New Outreach Ministries. To encourage and support congregations and individuals in developing new outreach ministries in their communities (1 Peter 2:9).
- Wellness. To provide resources which promote wellness among church workers, their families, and congregations (Mark 12:30-31).
- Church Planting. To encourage congregations to support the planting of new churches by participating in the New Church Incubator (Luke 19:10-27).
- Campus Ministry. To develop and execute a comprehensive plan for campus ministry (Psalm 78:1-7).
- Excellence in Preaching. In celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation, to move toward more excellent proclamation of the Word (2 Timothy 4:2).
- Professional Conduct. To hold one another accountable for conduct worthy of the gospel of Christ (Philippians 1:27).
- Best Practices. To train leaders in implementing best practices for ministry (Philippians 4:8-9).
- Public Policy Advocacy. To advocate for scriptural truth in the following areas of public policy: marriage and sexuality; sanctity of life; religious freedom; and parental choice in education (1 Peter 2:11-12).
Adopted by the Board of Directors 09.15.2015