UpWorks is an LCMS RSO that is supported by the Minnesota South District. They are looking for mature Christians to volunteer to serve their clients. Please consider publishing this newsletter article and/or bulletin announcement.
UpWorks mission is to celebrate and develop each person’s God-given potential to contribute to our world. Partnering with nonprofits, UpWorks receives clients who are motivated to work, but have barrier(s) to long-term employment. UpWorks locates employment options for them, and then assigns them two Life Advocates to support this client through weekly coaching sessions
Life Advocates are Christians who have been trained by UpWorks in the areas of coaching, working cross culturally, having crucial conversations, and other skills. They volunteer for 1 hour a week for 3 months to provide needed guidance to a client. The goal is to encourage and coach a client to achieve their goals, while shining the Light of Christ into their life.
Do you have a passion for assisting others? UpWorks can provide you with the opportunity to bless others. Please contact UpWorks at email@example.com or call at 651-756-7851.
Fall Training Opportunities:
Monday, Sept. 19th 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Saturday, Oct. 15th 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Thursday, Nov. 17th 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
For more information please look at our website http://www.upworksmn.org/volunteer/.
UpWorks is seeking volunteers to encourage and coach individuals who are impoverished, to achieve their goals, while shining the Light of Christ into their life. UpWorks provides training in the areas of coaching, working cross culturally, having crucial conversations, etc. The volunteer meets for 1 hour a week for 3 months to provide needed guidance to a client.
Please contact UpWorks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 651-756-7851.
Blessings & Outcomes for Life Advocates & UpWorks’ Clients:
- Individual’s lives are impacted immediately and prayerfully eternally.
- Congregation members are blessed by having an impactful place to engage.
- Volunteers receive quality training and support.
- Congregations are blessed as the member(s) returns with cross-cultural experience and a deeper understanding of individuals desiring to restore their lives.
- Congregations are blessed as they can refer congregation or community members to UpWorks to assist with job placement, resources to remove employment barriers, and to receive 2 Life Advocates/mentors.
- Struggling individuals receive the love of Christ.
- Relationships of care are established as challenges and joys in life are shared.
- UpWorks is FREE and has resources to assist Clients. Zero fundraising requests will be made to congregations or volunteers.